Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

New Job

 I got a new job finally today. Handing out samples glazed nuts at the mall. I stood from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. handing out samples until my feet were sore.
 But it's a job. Two high school girls also were hired to do the same, starting today. So I'm only going back 29 years in my job status. It was the first job for both of the girls, who are 16. They pay isn't much, but it's pay. Funny thing --- I got a gig doing a short video clip that took a half hour before my mall job started, and got paid more for that half hour than I did all day at the mall.
 Going back tomorrow for the same...

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to a social worker who was telling me that he's seen A TON of people with masters degrees having a hard time finding jobs, and he's also seen a lot of job listings where they want you to have a masters degree, but only want to pay about 10-12 dollars an hour. It's rough out there right now, for everyone. BUT--yea! You have a job.

    ReplyDelete