Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Friar Francis YouTube Phenomenon Part 2

READER's NOTE: Please read the following in a Mexican accident.

Friar Francis, dressed in brown friar's robe, appears on screen.

FF: Oh, hello, it's you again. My faithful YouTube audience. I am, once again, Friar Francis, a 16th century Franciscan monk magically transported to the 21st century. Don't ask me how this happened. Well, I supposed I cannot stop you from asking, but I cannot provide a very satisfactory answer to you at this time as I have no real good idea of how this thing has happened.

I am so very interested in keeping your attention this time. I have no intention of making you bored or otherwise dissatisfied with my YouTube presentation.
As you may know, the Franciscan monks from Spain are again hosting a team of fundraisers to compete with the French Franciscan monks in raising support for our annual "Save the Extinct Species" fund drive.
A percentage of your generous financial support will go directly to the 16th century Spanish Franciscan Monks fundraising arm, a branch of the international fraternity of Fundraising 16th century Spanish Franciscan Monks, LLC, Inc., LTD, LSD, LOL, ASAP.

We thank you in advance for your generosity this year.

Thank you.

I said, thank you.

OK, why do you still have camera on me? I am finished with PSA.

Until next time, this is Friar Francis, your Franciscan Fundraising Fuhrer.
10 sec pause.
OK, what are you waiting for? Go on to something else now. I am finished.
15 sec pause.
Perhaps you do not understand. I am finished with my announcement, and you are free to be dismissed. Good bye.

10 sec pause

I give up. I am tired. I will go to bed now see you in the morning.

FF exits the picture. Camera stays on empty room shot. 20 seconds pass. Snoring can be heard Off Camera. After 15 more seconds of snoring, image fades to black.


No comments:

Post a Comment