Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dog Blog Number 6: Defied by a dog

Warning: The following blog contains graphic material offensive to some readers.
My friend in college, Doug Anderson, and his family, had a black and white short legged dog named, “PeeWee.” Their beloved family pet was entrusted to us during the Anderson family vacation. 
 I fed and watered PeeWee for my friend, but had little tolerance for dogs. One day, PeeWee, a house dog, got loose from me and ran off into our woods. I called frantically after the dog, but it seemed to not care. I ran after it, but it kept its distance, enjoying the chase, and not intending to come back. I was outraged and humiliated at being defied by an animal. I ran inside, fetched my brother's 12 gauge shotgun, and raised the barrel. I took aim at the retreating family pet and squeezed the trigger. The shotgun barked and PeeWee halted his retreat, dead in his tracks. I went up to inspect my kill. “That’ll teach ya to run off and not obey,” I said, satisfied.
 Later, I told my friends how sorry I was that their dog ran off, but they understood.
 “PeeWee had a knack for wandering off,” they said. “It’s not your fault.”
Main thing was, that stupid dog would never disobey me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment