Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

They say I'm crazy

I heard it again today... I hear it most days, actually. I'm crazy.
At least, that's what people tell me.
My answer? You're right. I am.
But what's wrong with being crazy? People consider me crazy because I don't conform to their idea of how a middle aged, educated, white man should behave. I have a "thing" for women's high heeled shoes. I go to places of questionable content with people outside my socially acceptable circle.

Therefore, those who are prone to judge others, are prone to label me as "crazy."

Okay, I'm not going to totally disagree with them. But I do want to promote something. I want to promote the idea that "crazy" isn't bad. In my case, "crazy" means:
I talk to strangers. I add them as friends on Facebook. I solicit them from a variety of sources online and offline, in real life.
I seek new relationships from people outside my socially acceptable circle. Meaning, older, younger, other cultures, other races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, political perspectives, orientation, etc. etc. and so forth. I purposefully become their friend and social companion. I care about them. I respect their differences. I don't always agree (sometimes I vehemently disagree!) but I always love them.

If that means I'm crazy, bring on the crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment