Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

Sad song

I was doing fine, for a Monday. I was working along, doing my job, getting things accomplished. Chasing the dream.
Maybe it was a song that came on in the background. I think so. It triggered a sort of sad feeling. Ever had that happen? You're doing fine one minute, then the next you're fighting back tears?
I went to the lunch room. It was empty. The lunch room, had it been occupied, would have cured my blues.
But being empty, it had the opposite effect. I retrieved my lunch and was consumed with the loneliness of eating alone. I wanted to die.
I made it out to my car before too many tears fell.
Once in the safety and seclusion of my parked car, I fell apart.
Have you heard a grown man cry in anguish?
It still haunts me to hear my own cries.
I recovered, presently, and returned to work, no one the wiser.
After work, a repeat of the same process from lunch. Get to the car and fight back the tears, unsuccessfully.

My heart won't let her go.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment