Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bizzare Conversation

                                                                           He sat across from  the Pastor                                                           and his wife took a seat nearby, avoiding eye contact .

The silence proved too awkward, so the Pastor spoke.

Pastor: Well, *Joey, why don't you just become a prostitute?

Joey: (swallows, taken aback): I ... I guess I have no desire to become a prostitute.

Pastor: How many women have you chatted with online?

Joey: (Thinking) In the past 12 years? Maybe about a thousand.

Joey's wife hides her face with her hair.

Pastor: Why should she stay married to you?

Joey: She has her own mind.

Pastor: Do you want to stay married?

Joey: Of course. I love her!

Pastor: I don't advocate divorce, but do you see why she has every reason to divorce you?

Joey: That doesn't make breaking up a home with four young boys the right thing to do.

Pastor: I'm trying to retire. I need to reduce my case load. I don't have time for you. I'm sorry for your situation.

(Good thing this session is free ... he couldn't save a marriage if he tried!)

Pastor: You have a gentle attitude, but I'm not sure of your motives.

(A catch phrase? What motives ARE you sure of?)

Pastor: I'll walk you two out.

*Not his real name

No comments:

Post a Comment